Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ryan Hall on Training and Triathlons

Tomorrow I have another sprint coming up. It's a 16 mile bike ride so I'm curious to see how my times compare. I only signed up for this one because I want a re-do for the swim part of my first tri.

Tonight I've been doing some surfing, the internet kind, before bed. I found this short video on Everymantri.com It's Ryan Hall, not too long after running Boston, mentioning his opinion of triathletes. I think the funniest part has to be when he compares biking a time trial route to running it.



On another note today was also the start of Marine Corps Marathon training. I missed the training group run since my iphone doesn't know how to set off an alarm if it gets a text message...never relying on that to wake me up again. I still managed to run 7 miles this morning and I figure the 3 miles tomorrow will count towards the 10 I was supposed to run today. It'll be interesting to see how marathon training and triathlon training work together for someone of my size and muscle mass. I think I've come up with a pretty good plan for both of them with the Olympic Tri Plan being for the end of July. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment