Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ramping Up Training

The clocks have been changed and you know what that means? Everyone is going to be training more often. I always get a little annoyed around this time of year. I get used to having the sidewalks and trails virtually to myself over the winter, since 90 percent of the Midwest has been in hibernation. Hell, most days I didn't see anyone outside when I was walking my dog. I guess I'll have to get used to sharing all over again this year. I can't be the only person who feels this way, can I?

Last year around this time I noticed a lot of the bloggers I read were injured. This seems to be a common theme every year. People don't train much during the winter and then jump right into high mileage training as soon as it's warm out again. It'll be interesting to see if this happens again. Hopefully it doesn't because being injured sucks.


No comments:

Post a Comment