Sunday, November 4, 2012

Creve Coeur Trails

I started running trails this year and even bought a pair of trail running shoes. Since St. Louis isn't a very hilly place, meaning it doesn't have long sustained climbs of more than a couple hundred feet if even that much, trail running is a good way to keep your heart rate up even when you're going down hill...or at least I can keep my HR high while going down hill.  One problem is the lack of elevation information and trails routed on something other than an orienteering map on the trails around here. So, I thought I would post my Garmin files and maybe some people will come across them.

This is from the trails at Creve Coeur Park that I've been running some Monday nights...with a headlamp in the dark. It's fun but the deer make it a bit scary at some points.

Note: the trail is not as long as the pictures say. This run involved doubling back because someone went the wrong way and did a second loop at the 1 mile mark so we went back to make sure she was alright.



No comments:

Post a Comment