Anyway, here are some I've come across this week:
- Since I used to live in DC, I still read TheWashCycle. This is a short blurb about riders being ticketed during a ride. If you're not familiar with the DC area, Reston is a City just to the west of DC between DC and Dulles Airport.
Cyclists Ticketed During Century Ride
- I'm sure everyone is aware of the Lance Armstrong case so, here is the Sports Scientists point of view:
...These guys write good articles and probably know what they're talking about but keep in mind they are PhDs not MDs. I'm not saying being an MD makes you more qualified, just making a note of it.
- I'm going to go out on a limb and say, this guy is more than likely a better biker than you.
- A little old but Jens Voigts take on race radios
- Some A-hole thought it would be funny to put tacks on the IM Louisville Course
Whoever this lazy, pathetic, coward is, I hope you feel good about yourself knowing that you put lives at risk for your own pleasure, amusement, satisfaction or whatever. You're also messing with people's jobs. Some people swim, bike and run for a living. How would you like it if we put nails all over your driveway or road each day so you couldn't get to work due to flat tires? I'm sorry if you're inconvenienced once a year so that triathletes can have some fun. If you have a problem, go talk to your Mayor, Councilman, Alderman or whoever. Don't try to kill people...yes, kill. Crashing at 25 mph on a bike due to a sudden flat tire can result in death. You're lucky that didn't happen or you could be charged with murder.
If you'd like to voice your concerns publicly to the athletes and not remain an anonymous coward, I'm sure there are at least 2500 people that would be glad to meet you in an empty parking lot. Also, if you'd like to attempt to kick my ass for calling you a lazy, pathetic, probably fat, coward, I would be more than happy to oblige. Just let me know when you're available.